geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Geronimo User" <geronimou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asking again: No registered context in security getCurrentContext() after apps run for two days.
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:40:49 GMT

> So, all is well for the first two days?

Yes, no issues seen in the geronimo.log.

> Then some requests fail (e.g.
> the console), but others work? No other indications of problems in
> the server log?

I'm working on the hypothesis that requests that would force a j_securitycheck
workflow are the ones that fail. That is just a hypothesis, though.

I can get other requests to work by submitting, via a browser, requests
that I can see have been previously submitted, by looking at the catalina logs.

> I'd guess you're either running out of some resource (threads/
> connectors, etc) or you have a memory leak. Have you checked your
> memory utilization? Assuming Java 5, you could run with the following
> JAVA_OPTS="-XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:
> +HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError" (assuming you're using startup/geronimo
> sh/bat scripts). Alternatively, bump up your heap and permgen
> settings and see if the time-to-failure increases -- JAVA_OPTS="-
> Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m", for example...
>
> --kevan

Here are our JAVA_OPTS, which were in effect when we reproduced the problem.
We didn't see any memory-related issues.

JAVA_OPTS=-enableassertions -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8787
-verbose:gc -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabl
ed -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

I am starting Geronimo from the command line in .../geronimo-1.1.1/bin, using:

"C:\Program Files\informiam\geronimo-1.1.1\bin\startup.bat"

Thanks.