geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Xh <>
Subject JNDI remote lookup and ClassCastException
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:20:56 GMT
Hi All!

I have successfully deployed Remote Session Stateful Bean.

No I'm trying to connect to it remotely, but lookup method throws ClassCastException.
I'm using Geronimo 1.1 and openejb-core 2.1.1

I have:

Properties p = new Properties();
p.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
p.put("java.naming.provider.url", "");
p.put("", "system");
p.put("", "manager");
Context ic = new InitialContext(p);
// every thing seems to be OK...
// ClassCastException in lookup
Object o = ic.lookup("ejb/ModuleFactory");

the beginning of stack trace follows:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        at org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.lookup(
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at org.xh.dataweaver.web.engine.DispatcherServlet.processRequest(

is it my fault or is it something in the org.openejb.client.JNDIContext class?

thanks in advance for help
best regards

your free account today*

View raw message