geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Xh <xhsaymyn...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: how to access dbpool in EAR application
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 17:28:58 GMT
---------
I think if you already have the DB pool deployed in Geronimo, you can
just have a dependency on it in your openejb-jar.xml.

---------

I have read this page: http://docs.codehaus.org/display/OPENEJB/Details+on+openejb-jar

and I did everything it says:

In ejb-jar.xml I added:

        <session>

             <!-- definition of my Stateful Session Bean goes here... -->

            <resource-ref>

                <description>This is a reference to ERS DB2 database.</description>

                <res-ref-name>jdbc/ERSDS</res-ref-name>

                <res-auth>Container</res-auth>

            </resource-ref>

        </session>

and now openejb-jar.xml...

in <environment> I added:

        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>DataWeaverEARDB2</dep:artifactId>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>

but how to map the console.dbpool/DataWeaverEARDB2 to jdbc/ERSDS?

any idea what should I write in openejb-jar.xml to get things work?

thanks in advance
best regards
Lukasz

now.