geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: general questions about geronimo application server capabilities?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:11:24 GMT

On Jul 12, 2007, at 2:51 PM, legolas wrote:

> Hi
> thank you for reading my post.
> I have some general question about Geronimo application server
> configuration:
>
> -Does it support clustering and load balancing?

There are several clustering features in geronimo.  AFAIK you have to
use an external load balancer.
- geronimo-jetty-jee5 2.0 has WADI web clustering (jetty only).  I
think this is in geronimo 1.2 also.
- geronimo-tomcat most versions (since 1.1??) support "natve" tomcat
clustering.  I don't know if this has been  tested in 2.0.
- Jeff Genender has been working on stateful seesion clustering in
openejb3 but I don't know the status of this work
- terracotta have been working on clustering but I don't know the
status of this work.

I don't know how "production ready" any of these are.

> -Does it provide support for CertDB for digital certification
> manipulation?

I have been unable to figure out what certDB is from some googling.
If it's a file based pkcs-11 based certificate store I think we
support it only to the extent that the jvm you are using supports
pkcs-11.

thanks
david jencks