geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: Server state issues
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:05:37 GMT
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva wrote:
> Peter,
>
> if you choose your ~/.eclipse dir to install the updates, you won't
> have that problem. It occurs when you try to install the updates at
> /usr/lib/eclipse or /usr/local/lib/eclipse. Try to add your user to
> the staff group, it may fix this issue.
Nice to hear that they have fixed that problem, I most confess It was
been a log time sins I pulled it down via apt-get :). So I take it you
don't have any permission problems with neither the geronimo files,
process or eclipse then.  I am currently running eclipse 3.3.0 but I had
the Eclipse Geronimo plugin on 3.2 hocked up on my geronimo directory
and I remember seeing a similar problem to the on you describe (in 1)
below that was related to file ownership on the geronimo tree.
I have never tried to do what you are describing in 2. below except
maybe by mistake when I forgot to shutdown G before starting it in
eclipse and has always considered it a fault made by me ;).

Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this for you?

thanks
   Peter Petersson