geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: Strange memory problems / white screens
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:38:58 GMT
Ian Hunter wrote:

> This is Geronimo 1.1.1 running on Window (!!!) JDK 1.5.0_11 -- there
> **was** Apache running mod_jk but I took it out of the loop using
> ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse.  There are a small handful of apps (one
> EAR, maybe 3 WARs) on the server.

Okey having that cleared up I suspect the problem to be with some of the
deployed apps G 1.1.1 is in my opinion quite stable and I haven't heard
about any problems with your version of (sun:s) JDK.
Some multi threaded configurations of Apache with older versions of
mod_jk (check the mod_jk log for connection losses) is known to cause
problems leading to memory leaks and problems like the one you describe
but if you still have this problem it is probably not be the case.

> We're starting to monitor memory usage more closely, but after the
> problem occurs, we can't see memory usage -- we get that "Not Yet
> Available" message.

I would try Kevan:s suggestion and also if you have the equivalent to
unix "tail -f geronimo.log" ("live" logging) in windows it may help in
narrowing the offender.
regards
  Peter Petersson