geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mario Ruebsam <mario.rueb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment/Classpath problem while migrating from G1.1 to G2.0M6
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:20:34 GMT
Manu,

I always redeploy with the EAR. I do no inplace deployment currently.
I also removed the repository fragments after the unsuccessful deployment
and I removed the entry from the config.xml.

I will build a simple web app as a test case now.

Thanks
Mario

Manu George wrote:
> Mario,
> 
> Looks strange. But Did u redeploy with these changes? Or did u just
> replace in the extracted directory? In case u did redeploy then i
> think you should open a jira. It would be a good idea to put in a test
> case replicating the problem. That would help in getting a fix in
> faster.
> 
> Regards
> Manu
> 
> On 7/6/07, Mario Ruebsam <mario.ruebsam@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Manu,
>>
>> I tried this also, but the error message is the same.
>>
>> I tried to move all classes in one eiservice.jar and
>> put it in the WEB-INF/lib but also this error message.
>> Now it tried to put all classes in WEB-INF/classes.
>>
>> And strangely the same error with the eiservice.jar!
>> But there was no file named eiservice.jar any longer.
>> Between all tests I manually cleaned the repository
>> directory with the half deployed app and also removed
>> it from config.xml .
>>
>> So my guess was the deployer expects a JAR in the main
>> EAR dir with the basename of the ear and the jar extension.
>> This is normally where the EJBs go in. But I have none
>> of them. I created an empty JAR with the expected name
>> only with an empty Manifest in it and now the deploy
>> works also.
>>
>> For my knowledge of the specs the ejb.jar file is not
>> needed to deploy a web application in an EAR.
>>
>> Should I open a Jira for this or does anybody know
>> if the current snapshot solved this problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mario
>>
>>
>>
>> Manu George wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Can you try removing the manifest entries. They are not needed since
>> > all referred jars are in web-inf/lib. So it may work without them.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Manu
>> >
>> > On 7/5/07, Mario Rübsam <mr@coderesearch.com> wrote:
>> >> Some further investigation on the problem showed that the libraries
>> >> are found when they are all in the EARs root directory and not
>> >> in client.war/WEB-INF/lib.
>> >>
>> >> It is standard behavior to have the libraries in the WEB-INF/lib,
>> >> so I guess its a bug in the deployer for EARs or do I have to
>> >> explicitly list the needed jars in the geronimo-web.xml like
>> >> the repository dependencies?
>> >>
>> >> Thanks,
>> >> Mario
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Mario Ruebsam wrote:
>> >> > When deploying my app which works on G1.1 on the G2.0M6 server I get
>> >> > the following error message:
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > Error: Unable to distribute eiservice.ear: Manifest class path
>> >> > entries must be a valid jar file (JAVAEE 5 Section 8.2):
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> 
>> jarFile=D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\eiservice.jar,

>>
>> >>
>> >> >
>> >> >     path=eiservice.jar
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> 
>> D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\eiservice.jar

>>
>> >>
>> >> >
>> >> >     (The system cannot find the file specified)
>> >> > --
>> >> >
>> >> > The missing jar file is in the WEB-INF/lib directory, in this
>> >> particular
>> >> > case:
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> 
>> D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\client.war\WEB-INF\lib\eiservice.jar

>>
>> >>
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > The servlet code and the manifest declaring the classpath is also 
>> only
>> >> > in this file and referencing some other jars from the WEB-INF/lib.
>> >> >
>> >> > The EAR structure is:
>> >> >
>> >> > eiservice.ear/
>> >> >               META-INF/
>> >> >                        application.xml
>> >> >                        geronimo-application.xml
>> >> >                        geronimo-web.xml
>> >> >
>> >> >               client.war/
>> >> >                          WEB-INF/
>> >> >                                  web.xml
>> >> >                                  lib/
>> >> >                                      eiservice.jar
>> >> >                                      abp.jar
>> >> >                                      opencpa.jar
>> >> >                                      found.jar
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > the MANIFEST.MF content from the eiservice.jar is:
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> > Manifest-Version: 1.0
>> >> > Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
>> >> > Created-By: CODERESEARCH
>> >> > Class-Path: found.jar opencpa.jar abp.jar
>> >> > --
>> >> >
>> >> > It worked fine with G1.1 and yes, I converted the deployment
>> >> > plans to G2.0 schemas.
>> >> > For me it looks like the deployer looks in the wrong path
>> >> > or the library with the Class-Path entry is assumed to be in
>> >> > the EARs root.
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks,
>> >> > Mario
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >
>>
>>
> 


Mime
View raw message