geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ruebsam <mario.rueb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment/Classpath problem while migrating from G1.1 to G2.0M6
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:47:25 GMT
Manu,

I tried this also, but the error message is the same.

I tried to move all classes in one eiservice.jar and
put it in the WEB-INF/lib but also this error message.
Now it tried to put all classes in WEB-INF/classes.

And strangely the same error with the eiservice.jar!
But there was no file named eiservice.jar any longer.
Between all tests I manually cleaned the repository
directory with the half deployed app and also removed
it from config.xml .

So my guess was the deployer expects a JAR in the main
EAR dir with the basename of the ear and the jar extension.
This is normally where the EJBs go in. But I have none
of them. I created an empty JAR with the expected name
only with an empty Manifest in it and now the deploy
works also.

For my knowledge of the specs the ejb.jar file is not
needed to deploy a web application in an EAR.

Should I open a Jira for this or does anybody know
if the current snapshot solved this problem?

Thanks,
Mario