geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ruebsam <mario.rueb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Deployment/Classpath problem while migrating from G1.1 to G2.0M6
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 13:40:54 GMT
When deploying my app which works on G1.1 on the G2.0M6 server I get
the following error message:

--
Error: Unable to distribute eiservice.ear: Manifest class path
entries must be a valid jar file (JAVAEE 5 Section 8.2):

jarFile=D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\eiservice.jar,
     path=eiservice.jar

D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\eiservice.jar
     (The system cannot find the file specified)
--

The missing jar file is in the WEB-INF/lib directory, in this particular case:

D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\client.war\WEB-INF\lib\eiservice.jar

The servlet code and the manifest declaring the classpath is also only
in this file and referencing some other jars from the WEB-INF/lib.

The EAR structure is:

eiservice.ear/
               META-INF/
                        application.xml
                        geronimo-application.xml
                        geronimo-web.xml

               client.war/
                          WEB-INF/
                                  web.xml
                                  lib/
                                      eiservice.jar
                                      abp.jar
                                      opencpa.jar
                                      found.jar

the MANIFEST.MF content from the eiservice.jar is:

--
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0

It worked fine with G1.1 and yes, I converted the deployment
plans to G2.0 schemas.
For me it looks like the deployer looks in the wrong path
or the library with the Class-Path entry is assumed to be in
the EARs root.

Thanks,
Mario