geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment/Classpath problem while migrating from G1.1 to G2.0M6
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:19:14 GMT
Mario,

Looks strange. But Did u redeploy with these changes? Or did u just
replace in the extracted directory? In case u did redeploy then i
think you should open a jira. It would be a good idea to put in a test
case replicating the problem. That would help in getting a fix in
faster.

Regards
Manu

On 7/6/07, Mario Ruebsam <mario.ruebsam@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Manu,
>
> I tried this also, but the error message is the same.
>
> I tried to move all classes in one eiservice.jar and
> put it in the WEB-INF/lib but also this error message.
> Now it tried to put all classes in WEB-INF/classes.
>
> And strangely the same error with the eiservice.jar!
> But there was no file named eiservice.jar any longer.
> Between all tests I manually cleaned the repository
> directory with the half deployed app and also removed
> it from config.xml .
>
> So my guess was the deployer expects a JAR in the main
> EAR dir with the basename of the ear and the jar extension.
> This is normally where the EJBs go in. But I have none
> of them. I created an empty JAR with the expected name
> only with an empty Manifest in it and now the deploy
> works also.
>
> For my knowledge of the specs the ejb.jar file is not
> needed to deploy a web application in an EAR.
>
> Should I open a Jira for this or does anybody know
> if the current snapshot solved this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Mario
>
>
>
> Manu George wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can you try removing the manifest entries. They are not needed since
> > all referred jars are in web-inf/lib. So it may work without them.
> >
> > Regards
> > Manu
> >
> > On 7/5/07, Mario Rübsam <mr@coderesearch.com> wrote:
> >> Some further investigation on the problem showed that the libraries
> >> are found when they are all in the EARs root directory and not
> >> in client.war/WEB-INF/lib.
> >>
> >> It is standard behavior to have the libraries in the WEB-INF/lib,
> >> so I guess its a bug in the deployer for EARs or do I have to
> >> explicitly list the needed jars in the geronimo-web.xml like
> >> the repository dependencies?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Mario
> >>
> >>
> >> Mario Ruebsam wrote:
> >> > When deploying my app which works on G1.1 on the G2.0M6 server I get
> >> > the following error message:
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > Error: Unable to distribute eiservice.ear: Manifest class path
> >> > entries must be a valid jar file (JAVAEE 5 Section 8.2):
> >> >
> >> >
> >> jarFile=D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\eiservice.jar,
> >>
> >> >
> >> >     path=eiservice.jar
> >> >
> >> >
> >> D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\eiservice.jar
> >>
> >> >
> >> >     (The system cannot find the file specified)
> >> > --
> >> >
> >> > The missing jar file is in the WEB-INF/lib directory, in this
> >> particular
> >> > case:
> >> >
> >> >
> >> D:\opt\as\geronimo-2.0\repository\coderesearch\ei-service\app\2.5\app-2.5.car\client.war\WEB-INF\lib\eiservice.jar
> >>
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > The servlet code and the manifest declaring the classpath is also only
> >> > in this file and referencing some other jars from the WEB-INF/lib.
> >> >
> >> > The EAR structure is:
> >> >
> >> > eiservice.ear/
> >> >               META-INF/
> >> >                        application.xml
> >> >                        geronimo-application.xml
> >> >                        geronimo-web.xml
> >> >
> >> >               client.war/
> >> >                          WEB-INF/
> >> >                                  web.xml
> >> >                                  lib/
> >> >                                      eiservice.jar
> >> >                                      abp.jar
> >> >                                      opencpa.jar
> >> >                                      found.jar
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > the MANIFEST.MF content from the eiservice.jar is:
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> > Manifest-Version: 1.0
> >> > Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
> >> > Created-By: CODERESEARCH
> >> > Class-Path: found.jar opencpa.jar abp.jar
> >> > --
> >> >
> >> > It worked fine with G1.1 and yes, I converted the deployment
> >> > plans to G2.0 schemas.
> >> > For me it looks like the deployer looks in the wrong path
> >> > or the library with the Class-Path entry is assumed to be in
> >> > the EARs root.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks,
> >> > Mario
> >> >
> >>
> >
>
>

Mime
View raw message