geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject JCP Open Discussions ... heads up
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:09:32 GMT
Hi everyone,

For those that are not subscribed to jcp-open@apache.org there is a
discussion in progress about the current state of the Open Letter to
Sun that Apache put out in the public a few months ago.

The discussion is centered around Apache's participation in the Java
Community Process and specifically around license terms for the
specifications and TCKs that are used to validate our implementations.

At this point there is no formal policy that is being considered.
The discussion is about how Apache should respond to the JCP and
specifically Sun about the their lack of response to the Open
Letter.  Since the outcome of these policies may have a significant
impact on Geronimo as well as other Apache projects that implement
solutions to the specifications from the JSR as well as validate them
against a TCK I advise you to take a peek at the list.