geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Austin <andrewa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ajp and ssl
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 18:14:40 GMT
Oh, and just to for reference, I'm using mod_proxy_ajp
and not mod_jk. Dunno if that makes any difference as
I think it's a limitation on the geronmio/tomcat side.

Andrew
--- Andrew Austin <andrewaclt@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Okay, so I've been troubleshooting an issue for
> several days but no luck...I talked to the guys in
> #geronimo, and while they were helpful we couldn't
> nail down this issue:
>
> If I'm on an HTTPS connection and apache uses
> ProxyPass to connect to an app through AJP will my
> ssl
> session information be obtainable in my servlet on
> the
> geronimo/tomcat side? Secondly, how do I get the ssl
> information from my jsp/servlet? Under the https
> connector below, nothing is returned in
> javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate.
>
> snippet of my apache conf:
> <Location /testhttps>
> ProxyPass https://localhost:6667/hello/
> ProxyPassReverse https://localhost:6667/hello/
> ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain 127.0.0.1 localhost
> ProxyPassReverseCookiePath localhost /testhttps
> </Location>
> <Location /testajp>
> ProxyPass ajp://localhost:8009/hello/
> ProxyPassReverse ajp://localhost:8009/hello/
> ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain 127.0.0.1 localhost
> ProxyPassReverseCookiePath localhost /testajp
> </Location>
>
> my jsp snippet:
> <%

out.println((String)request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.ssl_session"));

out.println((String)request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.cipher_suite"));

out.println((String)request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate"));