geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Francisco Borges <franci...@x-hive.com>
Subject NullPointerException during deployment
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:49:50 GMT
Hello,

I can already run this sample application under Geronimo2.0, but I can't
deploy my unittests.

The only difference (I can think of) between the deployment of the sample
with the Unittests is that in the later I deploy 3 beans instead of 1.

The error I get is this:

INFO  [DirectoryHotDeployer] Deploying unittests.jar
INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb BeanManagedTransactionBean:
EjbDeployment(deployment-id=Unittests/BeanManagedTransactionBean,
container-id=null)
INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb ContainerManagedTransactionBean:
EjbDeployment(deployment-id=Unittests/ContainerManagedTransactionBean,
container-id=null)
INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb NonManagedTransactionBean:
EjbDeployment(deployment-id=Unittests/NonManagedTransactionBean,
container-id=null)
[Deployer] Deployment failed due to
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.EjbJarInfoBuilder.getMethodInfo(EjbJarInfoBuilder.java:404)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.EjbJarInfoBuilder.getMethodInfos(EjbJarInfoBuilder.java:391)
        at
org.apache.openejb.config.EjbJarInfoBuilder.initMethodTransactions(EjbJarInfoBuilder.java:306)

Note that the last part (from [Deployer]) is repeated for every bean.

The error seems to be caused by line 401 by the call to:
"ejbds.get(method.getEjbName())"

org.apache.openejb.config.EjbJarInfoBuilder.getMethodInfo(EjbJarInfoBuilder.java)
=======
 private MethodInfo getMethodInfo(Method method, Map ejbds) {
        MethodInfo methodInfo = new MethodInfo();

        EjbDeployment d = (EjbDeployment) ejbds.get(method.getEjbName());

        methodInfo.description = method.getDescription();
        methodInfo.ejbDeploymentId = d.getDeploymentId();
========

An identical file (appart from xml namespaces) runs perfectly under
Geronimo1.2.... So once again, I am puzzled....

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Cheers,
--
Francisco Borges