geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Francisco Borges <franci...@x-hive.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo & JUnit problems
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:05:29 GMT
On Thursday 12 July 2007, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 7/12/07, Francisco Borges <francisco@x-hive.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 July 2007, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> versions. Report issues you run into in JIRA [1] so we can track how
> much is done. Report anything you feel is relevant and what might
> improve Geronimo and thus user experience with it.
>
> [1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO

Glad you sent this link ;-)

I'll submit the issue there. (and I know of at least another couple of
other bugs :-/)

> > I'm running the tests from Ant, using a reworked version of JunitEJB
> > (project on sourceforge, last released Jar is from 2001).
> >
> > The problem I had was indeed the lack of passing
> > System.getProperties() when initializing the context. It is solved
> > now.
>
> I'm glad I can hear it. If I could read what exactly the problem was
> and how you solved it it'd be even better.

Geronimo1.2 will *fail* if:

1. From an application (outside Geronimo) trying to connect to a EJB in
the server;
2. I try to get the InitialContext without explicitly passing the System
properties:

jndiCntx = new InitialContext();

[java] javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot read the response from
the server (OEJP/2.0) : null; nested exception is:
     [java]     java.io.EOFException
     [java]     at
org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(JNDIContext.java:178)
     [java]     at
org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(JNDIContext.java:163)
     [java]     at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
     [java]     at
javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
     [java]     at
javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
     [java]     at
javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:175)

If I use:

 InitialContext jndiCntx = new InitialContext(System.getProperties());

The code behaves as expected. I don't know for sure if this is Geronimo's
fault or OpenEjb but it certainly happens, and is perfectly reproducible.

Cheers,
--
Francisco Borges