geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Francisco Borges <franci...@x-hive.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo & JUnit problems
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:37:59 GMT
On Wednesday 11 July 2007, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 7/5/07, Francisco Borges <francisco@x-hive.com> wrote:
> > Would Geronimo2.0 be any better regarding JUnit integration?
>
> I can't claim it to be any better in this regard, but it's definitely
> worth to try out because of its Java EE 5 compliancy and exceptional*
> m2 support.

> exceptional* == throwing lots of exceptions OR of a high quality.
> Choose what suits better ;-)

Sounds good. Specially the when you talk about "high quality exceptions".

If there is one thing that I didn't like about Geronimo(1.2), is the lack
of informative exceptions & error messages.

I've tried Geronimo2.0, but then there are new errors, and I still haven't
had the time to look at it. (I'll probably send another mail ot the list
about these later today.)

> How do you run the unit tests? What properties do you specify on the
> command line/to junit testcase?

I'm running the tests from Ant, using a reworked version of JunitEJB
(project on sourceforge, last released Jar is from 2001).

The problem I had was indeed the lack of passing System.getProperties()
when initializing the context. It is solved now.

Cheers,
--
Francisco Borges