geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Francisco Borges <>
Subject Can't connect to ConnectionFactory, need resource-ref?
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:53:18 GMT

I'm trying to port this J2EE module to Geronimo1.2, but I'm not familiar
with EJB's, so I might be missing something obvious.

I managed to deploy both our resource adapter to a connection factory (as
a RAR file), and our sample session (JAR+EJB).

I can start running the sample, but from it I can't get a connection to
the ConnectionFactory.

From "12.3.6 Resolving References from EJBs" at
I gather that on Geronimo (differently from JBoss) after deploying the
RAR, in order to be able to find it from my sample app, I need to declare
it as a resource-ref at the sample's "openejb-jar.xml" and "ejb-jar.xml".
Is this correct?

If so, how should I do this? I managed to declare a resource-ref on
openejb-jar.xml, but not on the ejb-jar.xml.

On the openejb-jar.xml, I have:

What should I add to ejb-jar.xml?

I've tried adding something like
But with this last change the Sample EJB won't deploy. For clarity, I'm
attaching the 4 xml files I'm using for RAR and EJB+JAR deployment.

Any hints, or tips are heartily appreciated,

Francisco Borges

View raw message