geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Geronimo & JUnit problems
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:09:29 GMT
On 7/12/07, Francisco Borges <francisco@x-hive.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 July 2007, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> > exceptional* == throwing lots of exceptions OR of a high quality.
> > Choose what suits better ;-)
>
> Sounds good. Specially the when you talk about "high quality exceptions".

You didn't notice the alternative (OR), did you? ;-) So, depending on
how far you are with Geronimo 'exceptional' does mean different
things.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=26754&dict=CALD
exceptional
adjective APPROVING
much greater than usual, especially in skill, intelligence, quality, etc:
an exceptional student
exceptional powers of concentration
The company has shown exceptional growth over the past two years.

As we're programming in Java the meaning of 'exceptional' can
sometimes be quite different.

> If there is one thing that I didn't like about Geronimo(1.2), is the lack
> of informative exceptions & error messages.

Yeah. You're not alone to have expressed it. We're working on it and
it seems to be a priority one to have it improved in the coming
versions. Report issues you run into in JIRA [1] so we can track how
much is done. Report anything you feel is relevant and what might
improve Geronimo and thus user experience with it.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO

> I'm running the tests from Ant, using a reworked version of JunitEJB
> (project on sourceforge, last released Jar is from 2001).
>
> The problem I had was indeed the lack of passing System.getProperties()
> when initializing the context. It is solved now.

I'm glad I can hear it. If I could read what exactly the problem was
and how you solved it it'd be even better.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl