geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Losing my mind
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:00:06 GMT
On 7/10/07, Arinté <arintejr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working with Geronimo version 2M6 and I am trying to use jsf, but its not
> working.  It is a one page website I am trying to test, but to no avail.  Here
> is my plan file.

>          <dependencies>
>              <dependency>
>                  <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.core</groupId>
>                  <artifactId>myfaces-api</artifactId>
>                  <type>jar</type>
>              </dependency>
>              <dependency>
>                  <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.core</groupId>
>                  <artifactId>myfaces-impl</artifactId>
>                  <type>jar</type>
>              </dependency>

Hi,

I might be mistaken, but you don't need these deps. They're available
in the Java EE 5-compliant server and so are in Geronimo 2. Regardless
of the outcome, that's not an issue, I guess.

> It deploys fine, but the jsf stuff isn't looked at at all.  When I view the
> webpage its blank.  When I right-click and do view source I have this

You didn't show us the webapp deployment descriptor - WEB-INF/web.xml
and what's more important - how you opened the web page. Did you use
something like http://localhost:8080/apache/mypage.jsf or
http://localhost:8080/apache/faces/mypage.jsp or alike?

/me entering in "more info needed" mode

Jacek