geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: Using JacORB not possible within Geronimo?
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:09:31 GMT
The yoko stuff is in the connector-deployer defaultEnvironment so we
can construct working jndi references so you can look up java:comp/
ORB and IIRC it's in the ejb stuff for a similar reason. So if you
don't need an automatic resource-ref to java:comp/ORB or anything
similar I think you can override the defaultEnvironments in
config.xml for these two builders.

I think that in geronimo 1.2 we were able to more easily run without
an orb but with the annotation stuff and various "automatic" jndi
references to orbs it has become more difficult.  I doubt we'll get
to it by 2.0 but you might file a JIRA tracking the problems you've
run into here.

thanks
david jencks