geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bill Brown <wbr...@colorfulsoftware.com>
Subject filter-mapping for j_security_check
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:05:21 GMT

Greetings:

I have an app with container managed security.  There is a login form that
uses j_username and j_password to post to j_security_check.  I would like to
perform some validation on the j_username and j_password to make sure the
data entered is valid before checking the credentials against the db.  I
tried using a filter with filter-mapping in web.xml, but the filter isn't
getting called.  Below is the filter mapping.  Does anyone know how to do
this in geronimo 2.0?  Is this possible?

<filter>
	<filter-name>loginValidator</filter-name>
	<filter-class>
		com.abc..LoginValidateFilter
	</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>loginValidator</filter-name>
	<url-pattern>/j_security_check</url-pattern>
	<dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
	<dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
</filter-mapping>

I also tried the mapping without the <dispatcher> elements and it didn't
work either.   Thanks for any more information or clarification.

Bill.