geronimo-user mailing list archives

From DevIn <>
Subject DataSource, JNDI and EJB module ...
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:03:47 GMT

Hi there,

I actually work on a EJB3 module which must access à Connection Pool on a
Geronimo 2 server.
I've successfully created the data source (BigDB) in the geronimo console
but my EJB
Deployment is unsucessfull with the folowing error :

19:53:39,207 ERROR [DirectoryHotDeployer] Unable to deploy: Unable to
resolve reference "NonJtaDataSourceWrapper" in gbean
to a gbean ma
tching the pattern
to: No matches for referencePatterns: [?name=BigDB# ....

My persistence.xml is as below :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence xmlns=""
	<persistence-unit name="game" transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
			<!--  jta-data-source>BigDB</jta-data-source-->

The problem seems to be in the JNDI name of the data source, so I've tried
in a separated project to establish a simple connection with the JNDI
provider of my geronimo server. My code is :

            properties.put("java.naming.provider.url", "");
           // properties.put("", "myuser");
           // properties.put("", "mypass");
            Context ic = new InitialContext(properties);
            //Object obj = ic.lookup("jdbc/BigDB");

and throws the exception :

javax.naming.AuthenticationException: Cannot open object output stream to
server: ; nested exception is: Software caused connection abort: socket write
	at org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(
	at org.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at com.big.util.Test.main(

The JNDI provider doen't seem to be OK ....

Any help or idea will be welcome.