geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Adam OGorman <aogor...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Ear deploys as an EJB JAR?
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:56:10 GMT

Hello, I have tried deploying using the server plug in from eclipse, the
Geronimo (WASCE2.0) web admin console and also from the command line using
the following:

java -jar deployer.jar --verbose --password manager --user system deploy
c:\deploy\lunchinator.ear C:\deploy\dgreen-plan.xml

my application.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd" version="1.4">
  <description>Make Reference Architecture</description>
  <display-name>lunchinator</display-name>
	<module>
		<web>
			<web-uri>lunchinatorWeb.war</web-uri>
			<context-root>/lunchinatorWeb</context-root>
		</web>
	</module>
	<module>
		<ejb>lunchinatorDomain.jar</ejb>
	</module>
</application>

geronimo-application.xml:

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1">
  <sys:environment
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>lunchinator</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
    <sys:dependencies>
      <sys:dependency>
        <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
        <sys:artifactId>dgreen</sys:artifactId>
        <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
        <sys:type>rar</sys:type>
      </sys:dependency>
    </sys:dependencies>
  </sys:environment>
  <module>
    <connector>tranql-connector-ra-1.3.rar</connector>
    <alt-dd>deployment/data-source-plan.xml</alt-dd>
  </module>
</application>

geronimo-web.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
  <sys:environment>
    <sys:moduleId>
      <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
      <sys:artifactId>lunchinatorWeb</sys:artifactId>
      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
    </sys:moduleId>
  </sys:environment>
  <context-root>/lunchinatorWeb</context-root>
</web-app>

and the "dgreen-plan.xml" dbpool plan used by the deployer:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
    <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <dep:moduleId>
            <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
            <dep:artifactId>dgreen</dep:artifactId>
            <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
            <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
        </dep:moduleId>
        <dep:dependencies>
            <dep:dependency>
                <dep:groupId>org.apache.derby</dep:groupId>
                <dep:artifactId>derby</dep:artifactId>
                <dep:version>10.2.2.0</dep:version>
                <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
            </dep:dependency>
        </dep:dependencies>
    </dep:environment>
    <resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>dgreen</name>

                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>