geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Xiao-fei Song <xfsong_ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject jndi-name and sub-context
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 09:14:27 GMT

Hi all,

I am just working on geronimo v2 for a very simple ejb client application
but I got stuck on the jndi lookup part. I got 2 questions basically because
my code runs well on geronimo 1.x:

1. jndi-name specified in openejb-jar.xml does not work. Is this being
ignored or a geronimo regression?

2. when I try using deployment id as "MyEjbModule.jar/MySessionBean", the
look up returned subcontext instead of the home object, and I have a
ClassCastException while narrowing the object ref returned. The object's
class type is org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext instead of the home
interface.

I am currently evaluating geronimo for a large project but unfortunately I
got depearated at the very beginning phase but this really simple test. I
will appreciate if some one in the alias can respond me with anything:
anything wrong with my case, geronimo/openejb bug, whatever.

I'm okay if someone tells me in geronimo v2 the only option is to be using
application client instead of standalone remote client. But just let me know
first.

Thanks,
Chris