geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Xiao-fei Song <xfsong_ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: jndi lookup in remote client for geronimo v2
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 03:39:31 GMT

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response.

1. For the time being, I don't really care if the client is really "remote".
>From my tests, it looks like only "127.0.0.1" is accepted otherwise the
connects just failed. I don't know where the documentation can be found on
this.

2. Yes I assume all the libraries are there for the EJB call. And they are:

cglig-nodep
geronimo-kernel
openejb-core
openejb-client
j2ee.jar (from j2ee ri)

3. Unfortunately it does not work with "ejb/MySessionRemoteHome" and here is
what I got:

ic = javax.naming.InitialContext@1e51060
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
/ejb/MySessionRemoteHome does not exist in the system.  Check that the app
was successfully deployed.
        at
org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.lookup(JNDIContext.java:231)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at apachegclient.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:43)

I would say my first experiences with Genonimo is frustrated because I just
spent a whole day on a very simple task. Anyway, if you have the sample code
(both the ejb and the ejb client) that works with geronimo v2, please send
it to my email address.

Thanks,
Chris