geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Could not start the server
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:51:55 GMT

On Jul 30, 2007, at 8:28 PM, dragonli wrote:

> Hi,
>   i am a new user of geronimo. when i download the latest version of
> geronimo.
> Exception is thrown when i try to start the server according to the
> documentation.
> what's wrong with this? could any experts give me some advice? thanks

"latest version" could mean several things and "according to the
documention " is certainly ambiguous.

 From the stack trace I wonder if you are starting geronimo with an
incomplete command line?  From geronimo home you can start using

java -Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib/endorsed -javaagent:bin/jpa.jar -jar
bin/server.jar --long

My guess would be that -Djava.endorsed.dirs=lib/endorsed is missing.

thanks
david jencks