geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: annoying embedded Derby exception
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:42:31 GMT

On Jul 6, 2007, at 5:09 AM, Johnny Kewl wrote:

> Hi Xh....
> I afraid I dont know anything about Geronimo, currently just
> thinking about using it ;)
> But I do know Derby....
> When I look at this.... which seems to be some kind of JNDI
> datapool...
> I cant see the dB driver anywhere.... in derby there are 2
> One for a shared network.... ie like a conventional server and the
> other one is this.
> org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver   for embedded dB's
>
> Then there also has to be a connection URI, something like this
> jdbc:derby:dataweaver
>
> I'm surprized it actually connects to anything without that info...
> ... anyway what do I know anyway ;)

Johnny,

We're using one of the derby datasources which don't need a URI like
that, instead the different properties are presented separately.
It's wrapped in a J2CA connector implementation.

Xh,

What is supposed to create the database?  Have you tried

                     <config-property-setting
name="CreateDatabase">true</config-property-setting>
?

thanks
david jencks