geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: annoying embedded Derby exception
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:09:18 GMT
Hi Xh....
I afraid I dont know anything about Geronimo, currently just thinking about using it ;)
But I do know Derby....
When I look at this.... which seems to be some kind of JNDI datapool...
I cant see the dB driver anywhere.... in derby there are 2
One for a shared network.... ie like a conventional server and the other one is this.
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver   for embedded dB's

Then there also has to be a connection URI, something like this
jdbc:derby:dataweaver

I'm surprized it actually connects to anything without that info...
... anyway what do I know anyway ;)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Xh
  To: User Geronimo
  Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 1:21 PM
  Subject: annoying embedded Derby exception

  Hi All!

  I have very annoying embedded Derby exception that occurs once in a while:

  SQL Exception: Failed to start database 'dataweaver', see the next exception for details.

  Usually restart helps and every thing works fine, but this situation is really annoying...

  I use Geronimo 1.1, and it's embedded Derby 10, the configuration was simply created with
Web wizard - http://127.0.0.1:8080/console/portal/services/services_jdbc

  I attach the generated <connector> below

  best regards
  Lukasz

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

          <dep:moduleId>
              <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
              <dep:artifactId>DataWeaverWARDerby</dep:artifactId>
              <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
              <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
          </dep:moduleId>
          <dep:dependencies>
              <dep:dependency>
                  <dep:groupId>org.apache.derby</dep:groupId>
                  <dep:artifactId>derby</dep:artifactId>
                  <dep:version>10.1.3-2</dep:version>
                  <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
              </dep:dependency>
          </dep:dependencies>
      </dep:environment>
      <resourceadapter>
          <outbound-resourceadapter>
              <connection-definition>
                  <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                  <connectiondefinition-instance>
                      <name>DataWeaverWARDerby</name>
                      <config-property-setting name="Password"/>
                      <config-property-setting name="LoginTimeout"/>
                      <config-property-setting name="DatabaseName">dataweaver</config-property-setting>
                      <config-property-setting name="UserName"/>
                      <connectionmanager>
                          <local-transaction/>
                          <single-pool>
                              <max-size>10</max-size>
                              <min-size>0</min-size>
                              <match-one/>
                          </single-pool>
                      </connectionmanager>
                  </connectiondefinition-instance>
              </connection-definition>
          </outbound-resourceadapter>
      </resourceadapter>
  </connector>

  Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free
account today.