geronimo-user mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject JAR in Geronimo overrides JAR in WAR
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 15:37:25 GMT
[I started this as a response to David Jencks' 20070608 post about
classpaths for EARs, WARs, and JARs.]

Please correct me if I misrepresent anything.  My understanding was
one of the primary benefits of J2EE was independent class loading.

My application uses Cocoon with
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFileModule configured in
cocoon.xconf.

I created a Cocoon WAR using the ant build target.
Sometimes I deply the WAR to Geronimo.  Sometimes I create an EAR.  I
have not tested if the results differ depending on the format
deployed.

I used Eclipse 3.2 to create an EAR project.
I used Eclipse 3.2 to Import the WAR with the "Add project to an EAR" option.
The next screen states: "Select the web library jars from the list
below to be imported as web library projects.  Unselected web
libraries will be imported as jars in the WEB-INF/lib directory."
No libraries were selected so all libraries are imported to
cocoon.war\WEB-INF\lib.
I deployed the EAR on Geronimo.

The Cocoon pipeline using XMLFileModule errors:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMResult.getNextSibling()Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;

I solved this by copying Cocoon's lib/endorsed/xml-apis-1.3.04.jar to
Geronimo's lib/endorsed directory. (I planned to remove
xmlParserAPIs-2.6.2.jar but this proved unnecessary, probably because
xmlParserAPIs-2.6.2 is ancient.)

Should the Cocoon WAR use the JARs in the WAR before the JARs in Geronimo?

solprovider
USING geronimo-tomcat-j2ee-1.2-beta