geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ys...@symcor.com
Subject Re: Can db2java-1.2.zip not be used to create DataSource in Geronimo 1.1.1?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:42:11 GMT
When we migrated the application to Geronimo with the use of
db2jcc-1.3.jar.  The same database the application has used for years
begins to throw errors as below:

Caused by: com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: DB2 SQL error: SQLCODE: -551,
SQLSTATE: 42501, SQLERRMC: WEBIR;EXECUTE;NULLID.SYSSH200
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.cw.e(cw.java:1490)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.bd.p(bd.java:620)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.bd.h(bd.java:141)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.bd.a(bd.java:42)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.r.a(r.java:31)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.bs.g(bs.java:149)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.cw.l(cw.java:1080)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.cx.bc(cx.java:1554)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.cx.d(cx.java:1983)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.cx.T(cx.java:422)
        at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.cx.executeQuery(cx.java:405)
        at
org.tranql.connector.jdbc.PreparedStatementHandle.executeQuery(PreparedStatementHandle.java:49)

So we guess that COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource of
db2java-1.2.jar might be required to connect to the database without the
error above.

Thanks,

Young

             Matt Hogstrom
             <matt@hogstrom.or
             g>                                                         To
                                       user@geronimo.apache.org
             06/14/2007 01:10                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Can db2java-1.2.zip not be used
             Please respond to         to create DataSource in Geronimo
             user@geronimo.apa         1.1.1?
                  che.org

For fun can you specify this is a Type 4 driver?  IIRC there were
issues related to problems with the DLLs being loaded under a
different classloader than the ultimately referencing classes.  I
thought it was a Linkage Exception but I might be wrong.