geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Re: Error looking up EJB reference
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:10:17 GMT
I tried deploying a small test.ear application, but I did not experience
this problem with it.  It seems my main EAR application and this test EAR
application use different instances of the "SystemInstance" singleton (e.g.
there are two singletons).  Presumably this is because each application's
classloader loads a version of SystemInstance.  It seems that my test EAR
application's SystemInstance is full of "components" in the HashMap of
components, but my main EAR application's SystemInstance has no components
in its HashMap, which eventually results in the NullPointerException
described below.

I'll try to investigate more, but would anybody happen to know why this
would happen?

Thanks,
Aman

Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nanner@mxi.com> wrote on 06-07-2007
03:55:57 PM:

> I'm deploying a J2EE 1.4 application on Apache Geronimo 2.0-SNAPSHOT.
This
> application is not up to JEE 5 standards yet (i.e. it uses deployment
> descriptors instead of annotations).  I am getting some errors during the
> resolution of EJB references.  I have my EJB references defined in the
> ejb-jar.xml, but I'm getting a strange error during execution:
>
> 15:46:49,877 WARN  [EjbFactory] Unable to lookup up EJB by reference name
> 'ejb/common/SequenceGenerator'; you must define the EJB reference
> javax.naming.NamingException: Could not look up :
> ejb/common/SequenceGenerator [Root exception is
> java.lang.NullPointerException]
>       at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.ContextUtil.resolve(
> ContextUtil.java:65)
>       at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
> AbstractContext.java:112)
>       at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
> AbstractContext.java:611)
>       at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
> AbstractContext.java:152)
>       at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
> AbstractContext.java:611)
>       at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
> AbstractContext.java:152)
>       at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
> AbstractContext.java:597)
>       at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
>       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
> StandardEngineValve.java:109)
>       at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(
> AccessLogValve.java:563)
>       at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(
> CoyoteAdapter.java:261)
>       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(
> Http11Processor.java:844)
>       at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(
> Http11Protocol.java:581)
>       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(
> JIoEndpoint.java:447)
>       at
org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.IntraVmJndiReference.getObject(