geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Error looking up EJB reference
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 19:55:57 GMT

I'm deploying a J2EE 1.4 application on Apache Geronimo 2.0-SNAPSHOT.  This
application is not up to JEE 5 standards yet (i.e. it uses deployment
descriptors instead of annotations).  I am getting some errors during the
resolution of EJB references.  I have my EJB references defined in the
ejb-jar.xml, but I'm getting a strange error during execution:

15:46:49,877 WARN  [EjbFactory] Unable to lookup up EJB by reference name
'ejb/common/SequenceGenerator'; you must define the EJB reference
javax.naming.NamingException: Could not look up :
ejb/common/SequenceGenerator [Root exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException]
      at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.ContextUtil.resolve(
ContextUtil.java:65)
      at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
AbstractContext.java:112)
      at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
AbstractContext.java:611)
      at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
AbstractContext.java:152)
      at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
AbstractContext.java:611)
      at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
AbstractContext.java:152)
      at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.AbstractContext.lookup(
AbstractContext.java:597)
      at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(
StandardEngineValve.java:109)
      at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(
AccessLogValve.java:563)
      at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(
CoyoteAdapter.java:261)
      at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(
Http11Processor.java:844)
      at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(
Http11Protocol.java:581)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(
JIoEndpoint.java:447)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
      at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.IntraVmJndiReference.getObject(
IntraVmJndiReference.java:38)
      at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.naming.Reference.getContent(
Reference.java:40)
      at org.apache.xbean.naming.context.ContextUtil.resolve(
ContextUtil.java:61)
      ... 50 more

It seems that the "containerSystem" variable in IntraVmJndiReference is
null.  Does anybody know if this is an incomplete feature, or what the
problem could be?

Thanks,
Aman

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *