geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Passing application server commands
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:20:55 GMT

On Jun 7, 2007, at 7:23 AM, Christopher Gibbs wrote:

> I want to pass a command to Tomcat when Geronimo starts up a specific
> application but don't know how to go about doing it.
>
> I am running Atlassian Confluence 2.5.3 in Geronimo 1.1.1 w/Tomcat and
> need to pass "-Dconfluence.disable.peopledirectory.anonymous=true" to
> Tomcat when Confluence starts up.
> http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Hiding+the+People
> +Directory

If you start geronimo with your own command line (rather than a
script) you can just include the system property in the command
line.  There's probably a way to do this with our scripts, but I am
not familiar with them.

We also have a SystemProperties gbean class.  If I remember correctly
in g. 1.1.1 there's an instance in the rmi-naming or j2ee-server
module.  You can reconfigure it in var/config/config.xml something
like this:

     <gbean name="ServerSystemProperties">
          <attribute name="systemProperties">
               <!--copy the existing properties here, I don't have a
copy of 1.1.1 handy to copy from -->
              confluence.disable.peopledirectory.anonymous=true
          </attribute>
     </gbean>

Hope this helps

thanks