geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Sun Jsf and Geronimo
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:56:01 GMT

On Jun 1, 2007, at 7:37 AM, Don Hill wrote:

> David,
>
> I have some cycles to spend on the annotation impl now, can you
> give me a little guidance in how you think we should implement this
> for JSF-RI, I saw something on jetty annotations, does this pertain
> to this topic.

Of course in my opinion the best solution is to convince the ri to
adopt the same kind of interface we are using for MyFaces, tomcat,
and, almost, jetty.  However I doubt this is likely :-)

I would look in geronimo-myfaces to see how we set up MyFaces.  The
only hard part is that you have to come up with some code to install
the injections into an existing instance.  I would look at borrowing
code from xbean-reflect to support this.  I don't have an opinion yet
on whether this support should be in xbean-reflect itself or in the
jsf-ri integration. Maybe Dain and/or David Blevins have an opinion?

thanks
david jencks