geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Virtual host configuration with Tomcat
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 06:47:38 GMT
Your original post said you wanted to expose applications on
different IP addresses, which IIUC is different hosts, not different
vhosts.  AFAIK the only way to have apps on different ip addresses is
the method outlined in http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/exposing-web-
applications-on-distinct-ports.html.  What exactly broke when you
tried that?

IIUC vhosts would be if you had several names mapped to the same IP
address and wanted to distinguish them.  This is a lot easier than
different IP addresses.

IIRC there's a simpler way with jetty...

thanks
david jencks