geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Don't find a place to set the class path
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 20:14:08 GMT

On Jun 22, 2007, at 1:49 PM, Jerry Luo wrote:

> I am trying to deploy a application on geronimo 1.1.1. And the
> application
> needs to visit some resource files, and the resource files are in a
> path.
> But I didn't find any place to set the path into the class path. In
> JBOSS,
> WEBLOGIC, I can add the path to class path by modifying its start
> up script.
> But I don't know how to add it into Geronimo start up script. I
> tried to add
> 'CLASSPATH' to geronimo.bat, but it didn't work.

There are two recommended ways to do this in geronimo:

1. If your resources can be relocated and are in a jar file, install
the jar file at an appropriate location in the geronimo repository
and include a dependency on the jar file in your geronimo deployment
plan.  For instance your plan might start something like this:

<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
     <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
deployment-1.1">
         <moduleId>
             <groupId>org.mycompany</groupId>
             <artifactId>myproject</artifactId>
             <version>$1.0</version>
             <type>car</type>
         </moduleId>
         <dependencies>
             <dependency>
                 <groupId>org.mycompany</groupId>
                 <artifactId>myresourcesjar</artifactId>
                 <type>jar</type>
             </dependency>
         </dependencies>
     </environment>

2. If you can't move the resources into the geronimo repo or they
aren't in a jar file, add a SharedLib gbean to your geronimo
deployment plan, and point it to where you want to put the files.
For instance the configuration might look like:

     <gbean name="SharedLib"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.sharedlib.SharedLib">
         <attribute name="classesDirs">/absolute/path/to/the/
resources</attribute>
         <reference name="ServerInfo">
             <name>ServerInfo</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>

Both of these methods get the resources into the classloader of your
app without forcing them into every application running in geronimo.

hope this helps
david jencks