geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Xiao-fei Song <xfsong_ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject jndi lookup in remote client for geronimo v2
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:04:08 GMT
Hi guys,

I have developed an EJB 2.x stateless session using netbeans, and I want to write a very simple
stand alone ejb client to access it in geronimo v2. The code looks like below:

        props.setProperty("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
        props.setProperty("java.naming.provider.url", "127.0.0.1:4201");
        //props.setProperty("java.naming.security.principal", "testuser");
        //props.setProperty("java.naming.security.credentials", "testpassword");

        Context ic = new InitialContext(props);
        System.out.println("ic = " + ic);

        Object objRef = ic.lookup("MySessionRemoteHome");

I read the documentation and it looks like the only way to lookup in the remote client is
through jndi-name in openejb-jar.xml. And I have done that as below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
  <openejb-jar
    xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1"
    xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
    xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">

   <enterprise-beans>
      <session>
        <ejb-name>MySessionBean</ejb-name>
        <jndi-name>MySessionRemoteHome</jndi-name>
      </session>
    </enterprise-beans>
  </openejb-jar>

After the ejb is deployed to geronimo, I ran the client and found below error:

ic = javax.naming.InitialContext@1e51060
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: /MySessionRemoteHome does not
exist in the system.  Check that the app was successfully deployed.
        at org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.lookup(JNDIContext.java:231)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at apachegclient.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:43)

Anyone has any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Chris