geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Viet Hung Nguyen <vnguye...@uky.edu>
Subject how do I deploy a security realm along with an application?
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:08:57 GMT
I am trying to deploy a security realm plan along with an application,
so that I do not have to separately deploy the plan and application.

I have following in my geronimo-application.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2">
    <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>${pom.groupId}</groupId>
            <artifactId>${pom.artifactId}</artifactId>
            <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <type>ear</type>
        </moduleId>
    </environment>
    <module>
       <!-- I think I need a connector, web, ejb, or java tag here
specifying something -->
        <alt-dd>TimeReportRealm.xml</alt-dd>
    </module>
</application>

As I commented in the deployment descriptor above, I do not know what
other line I need to write there because in the console, if I just
supply the plan it everything works fine.

Is this even the right place to put a security realm plan?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Viet