geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tero Mäntyvaara <term...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secured connection
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2007 16:13:33 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> Please send to only one list at a time, this is more appropriate for
> the user list.
I am really sorry, I will not do that again. :-/

> On Jun 21, 2007, at 7:45 AM, Tero Mäntyvaara wrote:
>
>> Does latest G support secured (read encrypted) connection between server
>> and client?
>
> That depends on the protocol you want to use and possibly on the
> version of geronimo you want to use.  I'll assume you are using
> geronimo 2.0 (trunk)
I was thinking the latest, so it will be then 2.0.

> web/https -- yes
> jaxrpc/jaxws/soap -- yes
> ejb using corba -- yes
> ejb using openejb proprietary protocol -- not turned on by default,
> and I'm not sure if you can turn it on without extra programming.
I was planning to use encrypted connection between remote EJB-component
and Java-application. So my alternatives are CORBA and openEJB. I would
like to use this J2EE compliant CORBA-connection. How has this
en-/decryption been accomplished then?

> thanks
> david jencks
>

>> Tero Mäntyvaara