geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Viet Hung Nguyen <vnguye...@uky.edu>
Subject Re: ejb 3.0--connecting to a DB
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:00:42 GMT
I am deploying my db pool through the admin console. I am using the
tranql-connector-1.3.rar found under
geronimo-jetty6-jee5-2.0-SNAPSHOT\repository\org\tranql\tranql-connector-ra\1.3.

I am still encountering these two problems:

1) The EJB seems to be talking to the DB, but whenever I query it, the
data in the DB is erased.
2) In order to have some data in the DB I have added things to it
dynamically. So when I fetch the data from the DB after this addition,
the resultList is non-empty. However, when I try to view what I have
just added by casting one element of the resultant list (that is of type
Collection<ExchangeRate>) to an ExchangeRate object with this line:

    ExchangeRate rate = (ExchangeRate)ratesList.get(i);

I get a ClassCastException. Initially I thought ratesList might be null,
but I have ensured that it is not.

For problem 1) I have read somewhere that there is a property I can set
so that it does not overwrite the existing data in the DB, but I cannot
remember what that is.

As for problem 2) I am out of ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Viet Nguyen