geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Lin Sun <linsun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure a datasource to use OracleDataSource for Datasource pooling
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:15:41 GMT
Hi, I tried this with Geronimo 1.1 w/ daytrader.  Basically I need to
copy the oracle tranql rar file and the oracle jar file into my
repository, and specify the dependency of the oracle jar file somewhere
in the plan -

       <dep:dependency>
         <dep:groupId>oracle</dep:groupId>
         <dep:artifactId>classes12</dep:artifactId>
         <dep:version>10g</dep:version>
         <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
       </dep:dependency>

and develop a resource adapter plan like below  (below is an application
scoped connection pool plan, but it can also be a server wide plan).

   <ext-module>
     <connector>TradeDataSource</connector>

<external-path>tranql/tranql-connector-oracle-xa/1.1/rar</external-path>
     <connector
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.1">
       <resourceadapter>
         <outbound-resourceadapter>
           <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
             <connectiondefinition-instance>
               <name>jdbc/TradeDataSource</name>
               <config-property-setting
name="UserName">trade</config-property-setting>
               <config-property-setting
name="Password">trade</config-property-setting>
               <config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">tradedb</config-property-setting>
               <config-property-setting
name="DataSourceName">TradeDataSource</config-property-setting>
               <config-property-setting
name="ServerName">linsun2</config-property-setting>
               <config-property-setting
name="PortNumber">1521</config-property-setting>
               <config-property-setting
name="DriverType">thin</config-property-setting>
               <connectionmanager>
                 <xa-transaction>
                   <transaction-caching/>
                 </xa-transaction>
                 <single-pool>
                   <max-size>10</max-size>
                   <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
                   <idle-timeout-minutes>30</idle-timeout-minutes>
                   <match-one/>
                 </single-pool>
               </connectionmanager>
             </connectiondefinition-instance>
           </connection-definition>
         </outbound-resourceadapter>
       </resourceadapter>
     </connector>
   </ext-module>

The oracle tranql rar file isn't in the geronimo assembly,
unfortunatelly.  So you'll have to get it from the Tranql project
(http://tranql.codehaus.org/Download).  You can download the binary
(that is a bit old than what I used) or build it yourself.  The ra.xml
inside of the rar file contains what configuration parameters you can
specify in the connection pool plan.

HTH, Lin