geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to increase the Heap space?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 06:41:17 GMT
The perm gen space issue can be solved by increasing the perm gen size
-XX:MaxPermSize=[memory size]. I think the defult is 64MB. You can try
setting it to 128MB and higher.

Regards
Manu

On 6/21/07, Jochen Zink <jochenlist@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem. A simple Webapplication needs a little bit more Heapspace. I got OutOfMemory
Exceptions and PermGenSpace Messages on Geronimo Console if I use the Webapplication. I know
that it is no programming Problem. If I undeploy other Applications running on Geronimo, no
OutOfMemory is thrown.

> I start Geronimo from MyEclipse 4.9 with the following parameters:
>
> Program Parameters:
> D:/jzink/Praktikum/Diplom/ApplicationServer/geronimo/geronimo-1.1.1/bin/server.jar --long
>
> VM Parameters:
> -Djava.library.path="D:/Programme/Sun/AppServer/jdk/bin"
> -Dorg.apache.geronimo.base.dir="D:/jzink/Praktikum/Diplom/ApplicationServer/geronimo/geronimo-1.1.1"
-Djava.io.tmpdir="D:/jzink/Praktikum/Diplom/ApplicationServer/geronimo/geronimo-1.1.1/var/temp"
> -Xms256M
> -Xmx512M
>

> It seems that Xms and Xmx are ignored. I take a look to the task Manager and can see,
that the outofMemory is thrown before 256M or 512M are used from geronimo.