geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JAR in Geronimo overrides JAR in WAR
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:47:12 GMT
 From a quick look at what you say the problems you are experiencing
are from cocoon requiring a more recent JAXP implementation than is
in the geronimo 1.2-beta you are using.  AFAICT the jaxp
implementation has to be installed in lib/endorsed and cannot be
affected by any application classpaths or classloader settings (such
as inverse-classloading).   I believe that in the geronimo 1.2 branch
code and the 2.0 trunk code we have successfully navigated through
various problems I can't discuss here that kept us at antique jaxp
versions for a long time and include fairly up to date jaxp
implementations and apis.  In any case you can certainly replace or
install xml libraries in lib/endorsed to what you need.

thanks
david jencks