geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Zink <jochenl...@web.de>
Subject How to increase the Heap space?
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 06:36:07 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem. A simple Webapplication needs a little bit more Heapspace. I got OutOfMemory
Exceptions and PermGenSpace Messages on Geronimo Console if I use the Webapplication. I know
that it is no programming Problem. If I undeploy other Applications running on Geronimo, no
OutOfMemory is thrown.

I start Geronimo from MyEclipse 4.9 with the following parameters:

Program Parameters:
D:/jzink/Praktikum/Diplom/ApplicationServer/geronimo/geronimo-1.1.1/bin/server.jar --long

VM Parameters:
-Djava.library.path="D:/Programme/Sun/AppServer/jdk/bin"
-Dorg.apache.geronimo.base.dir="D:/jzink/Praktikum/Diplom/ApplicationServer/geronimo/geronimo-1.1.1"
-Djava.io.tmpdir="D:/jzink/Praktikum/Diplom/ApplicationServer/geronimo/geronimo-1.1.1/var/temp"

-Xms256M
-Xmx512M

It seems that Xms and Xmx are ignored. I take a look to the task Manager and can see, that
the outofMemory is thrown before 256M or 512M are used from geronimo.

I'm using Geronimo 1.1.1. Is there any configuration known?

Thanks a lot!
Jochen