geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tiziano <tizi...@eos.it>
Subject Re: Avoiding geronimo binding port 1099 and 9999 to all net ifaces
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:05:07 GMT

Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 16, 2007, at 5:50 AM, Tiziano wrote:
>

>> Hi. I've installed Geronimo on a machine with 2 net ifaces. I've
>> modified all
>> the occurrences of host attribute in config.xml to one of the
>> ifaces IP
>> address and altered both the NamingProperties namingProviderUrl
>> attribute
>> and the JMXService urlPath attribute from ...://0.0.0.0:1099 to the
>> same
>> iface IP address specified before. When geronimo starts, all the
>> services
>> bind to the specified IP address, except the process listening at
>> ports 1099
>> and 9999 that still binds to all net ifaces. I've also tried to set
>> 127.0.0.1 explicitely, but the results remains unchanged. How can I
>> arrange
>> this? The second net iface is on the Internet, so I can't left any
>> process
>> listening on it.
>
> What version of Geronimo?
>
> --kevan

I've tried the 1.1 version and also the 1.1.1. The reason I've not tried the
1.2 version is because I'm using the eclipse plugin (for development
purposes) that seems to be available only for 1.1. Anyway, if you think that
the only way to solve this issue is installing 1.2 version (or even the new
2.0), I can arrange to put it on the "Internet published" machine and use
another computer (with 1.1.1 version) for development
Thanks