geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Piers Geyman <piers.gey...@gta-travel.com>
Subject How to configure a datasource to use OracleDataSource for Datasource pooling
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:30:46 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to migrate from tomcat to geronimo and I am having trouble being
able to configure my Oracle RAC datasource in geronimo to use the Oracle
Driver's connection pooling rather than the default geonimo pooling.

In tomcat I configured my datasource as follows, which used the Oracle
Datasource connection pool rather than DBCP, but I cannot see how I can do
the same in Geronimo.

        <Resource
                auth="Container"
                description="My Oracle Datasource"
                name="jdbc/myOracleDataSource"
                type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource"
                factory="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory"
                driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"

url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=oraclehost1)(PORT=1529))(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=oraclehost2)(PORT=1529))(LOAD_BALANCE=yes)(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=TESTDB)))"
                user="devapp"
                password="devapp"
                maxIdle="20"
                minIdle="10"
                maxWait="5000"
                maxActive="100"
                connectionCachingEnabled="true"
                fastConnectionFailoverEnabled="true"
                connectionCacheName="myOracleDatasourceCache"
                onsConfigStr="nodes=oraclehost1:6200,oraclehost2:6200"
                connectionProperties="oracle.jdbc.ReadTimeout=30000"/>

I see that other connection pools to the databases seem to use tranQL, but
there seems to be no documentation for this product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Piers