geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Wayne Rasmuss <way...@popstarnetworks.com>
Subject Trying to run multiple instances on one host
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 22:12:59 GMT

Hi, I'm pretty new to geronimo so forgive me (and correct me) if I'm asking a
stupid question.

I have been trying like mad to run multiple instances of geronimo on the
same system. I have read the wiki page at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC20/Multiple+Repositories

I have it mostly working, but i am having trouble when I hot deploy a war
file. I am running two instances that have separate var folders and the same
respository. When I use the hot deployer, the webapp is deployed to the
first instance perfectly, but when I boot the second, it is unable to hot
deploy the war file. It seems that this is because the war file has been
deployed in the shared repository but the non-shared config.xml does not
have a reference to the war.

I would be perfectly happy if I could run two separate instances, each with
their own repository, but I can't quite understand the documentation on how
to do that. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Wayne