geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Alex Korostov <koros...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems in configuring dependency on EAR
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:25:52 GMT

I'm using Geronimo 1.1 and 1.1.1 with Tomcat.

I have a EAR that includes JARs and a WAR. This application works fine.

Also I have another (second) WAR application that is NOT included in that
EAR, but have to use some classes from the JARs and a WAR resided in the
EAR.
I declared dependency on this EAR module in the geronimo-web.xml of the
second WAR. However I got the NoClassDefFoundError exceptions when trying to
use the classes from EAR's JARs or WAR.
It looks like that by default, if I create a dependency on EAR I still do
not have the EAR's classes in the classpath.

Note, that if I have two WARs (not inside EARs), the same dependency between
WARs works well. Even classes from the JARs located in the WEB-INF/lib
folder are accessible for the second WAR.

What should I do to get the same approach work if I need use classes from
EAR?