geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse Dev Tools 2.0
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:59:46 GMT

On Jun 30, 2007, at 7:03 AM, Mario Ruebsam wrote:

> I don't know if mentioned earlier but it is possible to develop
> and debug with Little-G and Jetty and the new Eclipse tools?
>
> I try to switch our current development trunk to Eclipse 3.3,
> Little-G-Jetty 2.0 and Java 6. But it looks like the dev tools
> need some libraries from the Geronimo 2.0 J2EE compatible
> version like the "bin/jpa.jar" to start/debug the server within
> Eclipse.
> Is the Geronimo 2.0 J2EE compatible version currently a requirement
> for the dev tools?

Mario,
It would seem so. The dev tools shouldn't be *requiring* jpa.jar
(IMO). Could you create a Jira for the problem?

You could try to copy in bin/jpa.jar and /lib/geronimo-
transfromer-2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar. And see if you run into any other
problems. It's time to turn our attention to the minimal servers as
we ramp up for a 2.0 release. Thanks for bringing this to our
attention...

--kevan