geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Access logging
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:46:56 GMT
 Pssssst, I think we the only two life forms here ;)
Damn is quiet....

Listen, I'm new to Geronimo, but I do know Tomcat, and I dont think you
going to get lucky with just a setting.
 Depends very much on what you want to collect, just a count, count and
calling IP, track users, etc etc.

If you have your whole site designed already, and even if not, the way I
like doing it is through an image, such as the logo.
Read up on those free web counters etc.
Anyway a nice way is to make a servlet that delivers an image, say your site
logo.... then by simple including that image in your jsp pages, you can
collect all sorts of stats. If you dont want to do it yourself, its the kind
of thing you dont even have to make, sites that collect stats give them
away, and supply one with reporting facilities... normally its a counter,
sometimes a little script.
If you do make it yourself, its reusable, beats adding code to every JSP
page.

Maybe!
Just glad you alive and here ;)