An Architect user was suggesting on the other thread that a "tool/wizard for auto creating Geronimo Deployment Plan by scanning the corresponding Java-EE plan/annotation" would fit best within "Admin Console", may be as an extension to the Deploy New tool. That way Users won't be forced to start using Eclipse plug-in just for the sake of creating Geronimo deployment plan :-)

- Shiva

On 5/22/07, Doug Lochart <dlochart@capecomputing.com> wrote:
Shiva Kumar H R wrote:
> Please read Aaron's book on Geronimo
> http://www.chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-1.1/geronimo-html-one-page.html
> <http://www.chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/geronimo-1.1/geronimo-html-one-page.html>.
> I find it to be a great documentation for almost anything related to
> Geronimo Deployment Plans.

Thanks.  I will give this a read tonight.
> I can understand your frustrations. It's no different for me when it
> comes to manually creating Geronimo Deployment Plans.
>
> I have always wished that Geronimo Development Tools (like Geronimo
> Eclipse Plug-in) provide some facility for auto-creating/updating
> those deployment plans. I have created a wiki page summarizing my
> proposal:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-deployment-plans-how-to-simplify-creation-or-updation.html
> <http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/geronimo-deployment-plans-how-to-simplify-creation-or-updation.html >
>
> Would be useful if you and other users/developers can provide feedback
> on it as well post new proposals if any on that page. I think it would
> be useful if I float a separate mail on User list for this.

If I get to continue using Geronimo I will do my best.  I don't know if
fancy Eclipse plug-in would be better as many of us don't use Eclipse
and don't want to be forced into it.  To me just solid documentation and
explanations as to what each piece means would suffice.  I hate blindly
following and example and not knowing why something is the way it is.

regards,

Doug